Still finding some way to uninstall FileZilla from macOS? How could you do that without leaving any remaining on hard drive? Don’t worry, this page provides detailed steps & screenshots to eliminate FileZilla for Mac.
“I have deleted FileZilla on Mac by moving the application into the trash. If I install it again, the app shows me previous sites configurations. Some of them reappear and cannot be deleted in a regular way. Could you please explain how to uninstall FileZilla? This utility is unknown for me and I hope that it‘s not malware, but I can‘t uninstall it anyway.”
FileZilla is definitely not malware. It‘s an open source FTP utility, which enanles file transferring from a local to remote PC. It provides both client and server versions, each of which offer site management, directory comparison, file and folder view, queue trasfer, and more.
Sometimes it may be difficult to uninstall FileZilla. For example, its uninstaller returns an error saying that removal cannot be completed or the app is reinstalled after rebooting the system. Sometimes, you just found many leftovers remained in hard drive, therefore, we are going to explain how to uninstall the app completely.
We’re going to introduce a new tool to quickly uninstall FileZilla on macOS and Mac OS X, if you want a way that fast, convenient and able to save more time & energy to delete unwanted app, then choose Osx Uninstaller.
1. Right click on the FileZilla icon on the Dock, then choose Quit;
2. Click the target’s setup on the top left corner, and choose Quit FileZilla (Commend+ Q).
Note: Sometimes the setup button doesn’t work, then try the next fountain to quit FileZilla.
3. Negative Activity Monitor from Finder / Dock, click the Network button, search the key word of FileZilla and then select all running process, then click X on the left, hit Quit to confirm the exit.
4. If it didn’t work, then try force quit window by pressing shortcuts of Command+ Option+ Esc >> Select FileZilla icon in the window and hit Force Quit.
Download this tool and run its setup file. Follow the on-screen instructions to install it and then run a scan to uninstall FileZilla completely. You can uninstall all unwanted apps using this utility. This way, you will not only save your precious time, but will also ensure the right removal of software.
Follow the instruction here:
1. Launch the app and select FileZilla in the list, easily click on the green button “Run Analysis”;
2. Then, the uninstaller will analysis the target app as fast as in a few seconds later, click the button “Complete Uninstall” when all the related folders and flies appeared in the list;
3. The tool will easily delete all the related folders and flies scanned in Step 2, now back to Step 1, FileZilla are gone from the list.
Also, we provide the complete video tutorial to remove FileZilla:
We offer the basic method to uninstall FileZilla in manual approach if you need, and follow the guideline to remove it step by step.
Same as Option 1 to completely shut down all process of FileZilla, then you could do the next step.
Note: Not exaggerate at all, it might store in many other folders in Library more than you imagine:
- ~/Library/Application Support
- ~/Library/ Saved Application State
We offer more tips to use OS X or uninstall application on macOS, in this post, we will offer the way to show hidden files in macOS. Just like in Windows, OS X also hides things, so if you want delete, first is to find them then you can delete them.
Next, follow the instruction to how to show hidden files on macOS and Mac OS X.
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
More information please visit this post.